Purelymail LLC ("we", "our", or "us") take your personal information and privacy seriously. Selling your information or violating your privacy are NOT part of our business model.
What personal information do you collect?
- Diagnostic. When you use our website, we may gather diagnostic information such as what type of browser you use and your IP address. This is used to prevent service abuse, gather demographic information, and analyze market trends.
- Billing. Billing information you provide us is retained by Stripe. It's used to bill you.
- Information you provide. This includes any communications with us and public information posted to our issue tracker.
- Account activity. We keep logs of some actions you perform on our system for diagnostic and support purposes.
- Necessary data. Such as your account info and mail, in order to provide you access to them.
- Emails marked as spam. We keep a copy of any emails you mark as "Junk" or "Not Junk" in our web inbox, in order to improve our efforts at combating spam.
How is it secured?
- Your passwords are not stored. Instead, we store hashed derivatives of them for authentication and encryption purposes.
- Due to technical limitations of the IMAP protocol, unhashed passwords may be sent to our servers over secure connections, where they may temporarily reside in memory.
- The content of mail messages is stored encrypted at rest, with a security key based on your hashed password.
- All messages may be decrypted either with the password of the account's administrative user, or the password of the user who owns that message.
- If recovery is disabled for both a user and that user's administrator, we will be unable to recover messages for both accounts without their password.
- Partial message content may be stored unencrypted for purposes of implementing search functionality. If you disable search functionality, no message content will be stored unencrypted.
How long do you retain it for?
- Diagnostic information generally expires 90 days after capture.
- We delete all account data immediately when you close your account, although it may remain in backups for up to 30 days.
Will this policy change?
Maybe! We may periodically review and change this policy from time to time. Continued use of the Service constitutes acceptance of any changes.