Note: Our documentation pages are a work in progress! If you can't find the answers you need, please email us to let us know. We'll be happy to answer your questions.
- We support standard email access that works with most third party apps. This includes IMAP and POP3.
- IMAP supports the IDLE command, for immediate, battery-efficient mail delivery for phones and other devices. (This is sometimes called "Push".)
- Note that Apple broke this on the default iOS mail app and we have no license to fix this; however, you can still use poll, or use a different app.
- Standard webmail access is also provided using Roundcube, which also supports importing and exporting contacts.
- We support filters for automatically managing, redirecting, or replying to email. Filters can be managed through either webmail or through Sieve.
- Spam filtering through SpamAssassin, with support for automatic learning.
- SPF, static IP addresses, DKIM, and DMARC are used to ensure maximum deliverability. We monitor our reputation with all major providers.
- SSL used in IMAP and POP3, in webmail, and for SMTP mail delivery, all keep your email safe.
- Support for custom domains at no additional charge. You may have as many users on as many custom domains as you like. Custom routing rules are supported, including catchalls to capture any email sent to your domain.
- At-rest encryption for all mail messages, using XSalsa20-Poly1305 and 128-bit AES-GCM encryption cryptographic constructs. You can configure your account so that even we can't access your mail without your password.
- Subaddressing allows you to tag the email addresses you give out. Instead of firstname.lastname@example.org, give out email@example.com, then later use the tag to filter mail into a folder or just use it keep track of how somebody got your address. This also works with firstname.lastname@example.org (in fact, everything after the first symbol- anything not a letter- in an address is ignored for routing), and you can add periods for readability, like email@example.com, without affecting routing.
- Note that this applies to both shared and new custom domains by default, but can be disabled for custom domains.
- Two factor authentication (via time-based code or security key). This adds an extra layer of security to logins.
- Easy mail transfer with our mail porting tool, allowing you to import or export mail with ease.
- WebDAV/CardDAV: basic file storage and contact synchronization
Not Yet Supported #
While we eventually plan to add these features, we're not there yet!
- CalDAV (a protocol for synchronizing calendars)
- Automatic alias support: i.e. generate completely disposable addresses from a plugin. You can currently emulate this by creating disposable users and routing them to your target address.